From the 13th to the 16th of November, 2018 the Polytechnic University of Barcelona (UPC) held a training for 5 students and two coordinators from Talas State University (Kirguistan) and Khorog State University (Tajikistan) in the frame of MIND project.
The contents introduced the students to the process of setting up a new technology company, specifically, from the development of the business idea to the first round of search for funding (seed phase). Moreover, it helped the students to develop their communications skills since they are crucial in each of the steps of the entrepreneurial process.
At the end of the training, students were able:
- To distinguish between an entrepreneur and a manager, and between a startup company and a company.
- To describe the process of setting up a start-up company.
- To evaluate and develop a business idea.
- To transform a business idea into a business model.
- To design a strategic and an action plan to attract and retain customers.
- To describe the features of the sources of funding, and to identify the best option for a specific project.
- To prepare and present a pitch deck.
The first two days, the participants attended seminars given by Dr. Vicenç Fernández, who gave an introduction to entrepreneurship and taught proposition and business models.
On the third day, the students visited the business accelerator of UPC and afterwards, they were able to hear the experience of two students who have started their own companies at UPC. Furthermore, they attended a seminar on Customer Analysis given by professor Eva Gallardo-Gallardo.
During the last day, a seminar was imparted by Vicenç Fernández, related to Social Media and Sources of financing. To end with, the students presented their business projects and were given monitoring.